Even after a full meal, we still crave something sweet! The key is a mini dessert that satisfies your craving without sending you into a food coma. These mini chocolate mud pies come to the rescue. Easy to make, mouth-watering and only a fraction of the calories and fat of traditional chocolate desserts. To die for! Makes 12 servings.
1 cup chocolate wafer crumbs
1 tbsp water
2 tsp vegetable oil
2 tbsp semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 tbsp hot water
1 tsp instant coffee
1 cup packed brown sugar
½ cup cocoa powder
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
¼ cup + 1 tbsp reduced-fat cream cheese
2 large eggs
¼ cup reduced-fat sour cream
3 tbsp corn syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
¼ cup semi-sweet chocolate or white chocolate chips
1 tsp vegetable oil
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION PER SERVING
Total fat 5.8g
Saturated fat 2.1g
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Lightly coat a 12-cup muffin tin with cooking spray.
2. In a small bowl, combine the crumbs, 1 tbsp water and oil until mixed. Divide and pat into the bottom of the muffin tins.
3. In a small bowl, combine the chocolate chips, 2 tbsp hot water and instant coffee. Microwave for 40 seconds on High or just until the chocolate begins to melt. Stir until smooth.
4. In the bowl of a food processor, add the sugar, cocoa powder, flour, cream cheese, eggs, sour cream, corn syrup and vanilla. Purée until smooth. Add the chocolate mixture and purée until smooth. Divide among the muffin cups and bake for 12 to 14 minutes or just until the centres are still slightly loose. Cool and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Carefully remove from the tin with a knife.
5. Melt chocolate and oil in microwave for about 30 seconds on High, or just until chocolate begins to melt. Whisk until smooth and drizzle over mud pies.
» Food & Drink » MINI ESPRESSO CHOCOLATE MUD PIES