While the thought of mixing up custom holiday-inspired cocktails for all of your guests is certainly appealing, it’s also extremely time consuming, expensive and labour intensive. To give yourself more time with your guests and less time in the kitchen, I like to turn to the always-reliable punch bowl, allowing you to whip up one delicious bevvy for all of your guests to enjoy. My punch bowl beverage of choice for the holiday season is Egg Nog Punch. For those of you who may be deterred from making egg nog because of the amount of raw egg yolks required, this Egg Nog Punch is for you! Substituting egg yolks for vanilla ice cream, orange juice, and ginger ale may sound completely crazy, but it is actually a magical combination that somehow results in the familiar flavour of egg nog that we all know and love. Step up your hosting game this holiday season by making Egg Nog Punch a part of your holiday table!
- 2 qts vanilla ice cream, softened
- 4 cups orange juice
- 2/3 cup dark rum
- 2/3 cup brandy or cognac
- 2/3 orange liqueur
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground nutmeg (plus more for garnish)
- 1 pinch of ground cloves
- 3 cups ginger ale
- In a punch bowl, stir ice cream until almost melted.
- Whisk in orange juice, rum, brandy, and orange liqueur.
- Stir in cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, whisk in ginger ale until well combined. Sprinkle with nutmeg for garnish.
Original recipe by Bonnie Stern, modified by Elizabeth Morris, tested and tried by Danielle Rose
» Food & Drink » Egg Nog Punch