There is truly no better time of year in Ontario than early Fall. It’s a bittersweet feeling, revealing in those last moments of sunshine with the awareness that each bike ride, pool party and picnic may be your last of the year. The taste that can undoubtedly carry me out of the post-summer blues has always been Ontario peaches. While during their prime in August I like to enjoy peaches as is, straight from the farmer’s basket into my eager mouth, come September and October I prefer to make peaches part of a dessert.
Grilling peaches is a fantastic way to enhance the natural sweetness and juices I like to pair grilled peaches with warm crepes, nestled in a bed of ricotta cheese. When topped with whipped cream, kicked up with a hit of bourbon, my grilled peach and ricotta crepes become the perfect sweet treat for celebrating those last warm days of the year!
￼Did You Know?
Grilling Peaches Enhances The Natural Sweetness
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tbsp granulated sugar
1 pinch of salt
1 cup ricotta
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp lemon zest
4 ripe peaches, halved and pitted
Bourbon Whipped Cream
1 cup cold heavy cream
1/2 tsp granulated sugar
1/2 tbsp bourbon
- Prepare crepe batter. In a large bowl whisk together flour, milk, vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and salt until smooth. Let rest in fridge for 1-hour.
- Prepare filling. Whisk together ricotta, icing sugar and lemon zest. Set aside in fridge until ready to assemble.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and grill peaches for 3-4 minutes on each side, or until grill marks appear on the surface. Thinly slice.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip cream until fluffy. Add sugar and bourbon and whisk until soft peaks form.
- Set stove to medium-heat. In a lightly greased small crepe pan, fry crepes approximately 1-minute on one side until golden. Flip and fry for another 30-seconds. Repeat with remaining batter.
- Assemble crepes by spread- ing a layer of ricotta and sliced peaches on crepes. Fold and top with bourbon whipped cream. Serve immediately.
» Food & Drink » Peach And Ricotta Crepes With Bourbon...